La Leche League is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization dedicated to providing education, information, support, and encouragement to families who want to breastfeed.
La Leche League Leaders are:
- Parents who have personal experience in breastfeeding, chestfeeding, and/or pumping.
- Fully trained and accredited by La Leche League International.
- Able to help with all aspects of chest/breastfeeding .
- Volunteers who care about you, your baby, and your family.
- Accessible via phone and email for personalized breastfeeding help.
Accredited Leaders are available to provide information and support by phone and email. In person support is available at monthly meetings.
La Leche League USA (LLL USA) is committed to diversity and inclusion. LLL USA strives to support all breastfeeding families regardless of race, ethnicity, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, family structure, primary language, ability, or socio-economic status. La Leche League USA makes every effort to foster diversity among its Leaders so as to incorporate a wide variety of perspectives and responsible decision-making.
LLL USA also remains committed to honoring the spirit and the letter of the WHO Code – the World Health Organization (WHO) International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes and subsequent WHA Resolutions.
What We Offer
In an effort to provide breastfeeding resources and support, we:
All nursing parents and expectant parents interested in breastfeeding, chestfeeding, or human-milk feeding are welcomed and encouraged to attend our free meetings or call our Leaders for nursing help.
- Provide free meetings led by volunteer Leaders who are experienced with human milk feeding and accredited through La Leche League International.
- Offer support between meetings by phone, email, text and social media.
- Create a community of support, encouragement and compassion by bringing nursing families together.
- Help parents learn about the ages and stages of breastfeeding.
- Educate parents about the ages and stages of breastfeeding and realistic breastfeeding expectations.
- Do all of this completely free of charge. We do offer memberships to offset the costs of running our group and leading meetings, but payment is never required to receive help or be a part of this community.